Parish Giving Tree / Adopt A Family Christmas Program
Doing without things that most of us take for granted is a way of life for some families in our community. Some children cannot go to social events, expect certain toys for Christmas or their birthday, or even have a Christmas tree because their families cannot afford these expenses. Fortunately, the families of St. Catherine Parish have the Parish Giving Tree / Adopt A Family Christmas Program to help make the dreams of their children come true…
- Christmastime helps to provide an avenue for people to reach into the hearts of the human souls of those that are suffering. By purchasing gifts for needy children, families are not just giving a gift… what they are doing is so much more:
- Children experience increased self esteem as they discover that they can now join their neighborhood friends with skating on the sidewalks or riding their bikes down the block.
- Parents see what has been given to them and are relieved that they did not have to go into uncontrollable debt as a result of the Christmas pressure.
- The depression felt among the children and their parents is temporarily lifted and a fresh sense of what the future might hold in store for them becomes alive and real.
- Parents and children are given new strength to better their conditions as the care and warmth of the community enters into their hearts.
This program is more than just giving and receiving. It is mainly about sharing one’s love and strength with someone else who feels tired and run down. By participating in this type of program, “…the strength of our ever loving Christ child becomes present and joy fills the air.”
Look for the stars on the November 19 & 20 weekend! If you, your family or a group of families would like to adopt a family, please contact
Anna Quinones at email@example.com.
Of course you may choose to take a star from the Giving Tree as you do every year. On your star there will be information about an Adult or Child, Female/Girl or Male/Boy, clothing size, and or toys.
Sometimes children dream of having items that are out of reach and we see these requests on the stars, and many of us will say “That is too much to ask for.” Think about this, most of our children come home to a refrigerator filled with food, a heated home and parents that can pay all of their bills without having to choose between paying rent or buying food for the month. These kids want to be like the children they sit next to in class every day. They want to play video games, have a computer at home, a certain brand of tennis shoes or flat iron. I ask you please open your heart to the child’s request and if can’t support choosing that particular star, pray for someone that can and will.
We are requesting the gifts be returned by Sunday, December 11
On Sunday, December 18th at 9:00am in the Milani Center, we will begin sorting, preparing and delivering gifts to our families.
If you would like to participate by donating money, please make the check payable to
"St. Catherine Parish Giving Tree" and deliver it to the Parish Rectory office.
Your generosity is truly appreciated by all in the community.
Thank you in advance for your continued support.