What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is our Parish's one-to-one Christian care to individuals facing life challenges or difficulties. Ministers receive fifty hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
What do Stephen Ministers do?
• Are there to walk with you during your troubled times
• Listen to your concerns with a compassionate heart
• Share Christ's love with you and pray with you
• Share parish and community resource information as appropriate
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the caring relationship
• Attend faithfully to the caregiving process
What situations are appropriate for Stephen Ministry care?
• Loss of a loved one
• Hospitalization or hospitalization of a loved one
• Chronic illness, cancer and other illnesses
• Marital difficulties or separation/divorce
• Stresses of long term care for the aged and their families
• Unemployment or job crises
• Recovery after an accident
• Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
• Incarceration or incarceration of a loved one
• Other crises where outside support is needed
What can you do?
You play an important role in Stephen Ministry. Here is what you can do:
to bring healing and hope to the hurting of our community
care during your times of need
a hurting relative, friend, neighbor or co-worker about the ministry
If you are a good listener and a compassionate person,
Prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister
Parish Contact - Claranne Schirle (408) 782-1413
“Therefore encourage and another and build up each other
1 Thessalonians 5:11